- We respect the privacy of all our customers who use the website to purchase tickets online. We are committed to all users to protect their personal information provided during the online sign up and transaction processes.
How information is collected by us
- We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- When you sign up as a Bay of Plenty Rugby Member to create a Bay of Plenty Rugby account and enter personal information to complete the sign-up process;
- When you purchase tickets through the website and enter personal information to complete the online transaction (including purchases made without a Bay of Plenty Rugby account);
- When you purchase tickets through an outlet, such as a university association or record store, and provide personal information to complete the transaction; and
- When you visit the website, we collect website use information such as your IP address and browser type. We also collect and retain such information using Cookies (see clause 8 below).
Use of information collected by us
- We collect personal information (such as your name, address, phone number and email address):
Personal financial information, such as credit card details, are collected for credit card transactions for identity verification and billing purposes.
Website use and personal information may be used to improve our business processes, such as our security, speed and information systems. We may also use such information to do internal research on your demographics, interests and behaviour to better serve you and other users.
Subject to clause 4.4, we will not disclose your personal information to presenters of events unless you sign up as a Bay of Plenty Rugby Member.
We may pass your personal information to:
- to ensure that the tickets you purchase are delivered to you;
- to contact you where we consider necessary in relation to your purchase, including, to advise you of any changes/cancellations that may occur and those which we have been made aware of; and
- to provide you with further information about the website, and other websites or services offered by us or third parties, which we consider may be of interest to you.
At any time, we may use the information collected from the website to produce reports and summarise research data which may be shared with a third party. This data will not identify any individual personally.
At any time, we may disclose any and all information that we collect from you where we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with law, to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or others, or to satisfy legal processes or governmental requests.
- presenters of events to which you have purchased tickets to keep you informed of future events provided by those presenters.
- a third party to provide special offers with our benefits (for example, Bay of Plenty Rugby reward points). Special offers will be sent by us and may be co-branded with the third party. You may opt out from receiving our special offers at any time by logging onto your Bay of Plenty Rugby account and updating your personal details.
Security of information collected
- We will endeavour to protect all information we collect about you. We store your personal information in an encrypted secure database, in proprietary data format which can only be read with the use of proprietary tools. The website is encrypted with a high grade 256 bit encryption authenticated by Equifax Secure Inc.
- All of our staff who have access to personal information will maintain strict confidence of such information at all times.
Content posted on message boards or events
- The website may provide users with services, such as forums and message boards, to comment and rate events. All information disclosed by you using these features is public information and you should exercise caution if you choose to disclose any personal information through such features.
Your IP address
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather demographic information.
Use of specific technologies
Access and correction
- Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to seek access to information which we hold about you and to correct that information if it is incorrect. Bay of Plenty Rugby Members can access and edit their information online through their Bay of Plenty Rugby account. Otherwise, you may access or change information that we have collected about you by placing your request in writing and sending your request to us by:
Third party advertisements
- To provide offers that are of interest to you, we have relationships with third parties that we allow to place advertisements on the website. By visiting the website, advertisement server companies may collect information about you, such as your domain type, IP address and Clickstream information.
Links to other websites
Secure online transactions
- For purchases through the website, we process your credit card details securely over the internet using a PCI accredited internet payment security system. As well as our SSL encryption on the website and a secure browser at your end, we endeavour to take all measures to ensure that your credit card and anonymity are protected when you purchase from us online.
Terms and Conditions
- "presenter" refers to the party presenting the event, which may include, but is not limited to, a promoter, producer, team, band or venue.
- "users" is a reference to users of the website.
- "website" means and includes http://steamers.dashtickets.co.nz/ and any page derived from these websites and any page owned by Bay of Plenty Rugby